Monday, July 23, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9: Merlin & other related blogs

I had no idea that a site like Merlin existed. After subsribing to the feed, I am thinking that maybe I can stay more up to date on the technology. Anyway, I went ahead and checked out the list of search tools. Out of the four, I really liked Topix.net. I found this the easiest to search and the yielded the best results, especially for news related stories. I really liked the interactive graph that allowed you to access news items from individual months-NYC, L.A and London keyword searches produced this graph. On the downside, I had a difficult time searching Feester and Technorati. By using a keyword search, I received feeds that did not relate to the topic and I found pages difficult to navigate and a bit overwhelming.

1 comment:

JimD said...

I agree. Merlin is a great resource and one of the best kept secrets - not that they haven't tried. With all the web sites that assault us every day, it's difficult for any site to get the word out that they exist!