Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 5, Thing 12: Rollyo

I explored Rollyo and created a search roll titled What's For Dinner, which lists severals recipe websites. (Epicurious is one of my favorites) While I think Rollyo is a good idea, I couldn't see myself using it for my personal searching of the web. Yes, I would still wade through google. However, I think Rollyo would be useful is if one was searching for more obscure information such as rare books, statistics etc. And if a library customer wanted a list of websites on a specific topic, then Rollyo just might be the place to look. I also agree with Chicken Amuck's comment that your Rollyo is only as good as the websites you put in it.

1 comment:

JimD said...

Congratulations, you're now officially past the half way mark in the 23 things. Only 11 more to go. Thanks for participating in the program. It's a great opportunity and we're lucky that BCPL is supporting it. I know it's hard to work in all these activities with everything else that has been going on. Thanks for forging ahead! Just over 4 weeks to go. PLENTY of time (I hope) to get through the rest of the 'things'!