Friday, September 7, 2007

Week 7, Thing 16: Wikis

I really enjoyed exploring and learning more about wikis. Being familiar with wikipedia, I knew that information on wikis can be edited by different people. My first thought for how a public library could utilize wikis, was a wiki for customer book reviews. I thought Princeton Public Library's Book Lovers Wiki was a great example of such a wiki. I especially liked the review index, which allows easy access to certain types of reviews. Merlin Wiki learning link was helpful in that it showed the different types of wiki resources. I looked at pbwiki, in fact I attended a class in which the instructor used her pbwiki to teach the class instead of a PowerPoint presentation. I also checked out wetpaint and came across Nancy Pearl's wiki Book Lust with Nancy Pearl.

No comments: